LSVT LOUD Training and Certification Workshop Details
The LSVT LOUD® Training and Certification Workshop is a two-day program designed to train speech-language clinicians in a voice/speech treatment technique for adults and children with motor speech disorders, with a focus in Parkinson disease.
You will be taught the fundamentals of key treatment elements, efficacy data supporting treatment outcomes, including behavioral and neural imaging data, and details of all treatment tasks. Importantly, you will be provided hands-on and supervised practical experience with the treatment protocol. You will also learn about the application of the LSVT LOUD treatment to pediatric and adult motor speech disorders beyond Parkinson disease (e.g., multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and stroke). This training is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs.
Registration Levels (display)
Register at the Professional level if:
- You are a speech-language clinician (speech-language pathologist, speech therapist)
- You are a speech therapy assistant (If you are a speech therapy assistant, you must ALWAYS administer LSVT LOUD under the supervision of an LSVT LOUD Certified Clinician.)
Register at the Graduate Student level if:
- You are a graduate student currently enrolled in a speech-language pathology program
- You are currently completing your Clinical Fellowship
Register at the Previously Certified LSVT LOUD Clinician level if:
- You have previously been certified by LSVT Global to administer LSVT LOUD
- 8:15 – 9:00 a.m.
- 9:00 – 10:45 a.m.
Introduction to the study and treatment of VOICE in neurological disorders
LSVT LOUD Paradigm Shifts
Overview of Parkinson disease
- 10:45 – 11:00 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Rationale for the development of LSVT LOUD
Recent LSVT LOUD findings
LSVT LOUD Concepts and their Rationale
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
LUNCH (on your own)
- 1:30 – 3:15 p.m.
LSVT LOUD Methods: Daily Tasks and Speech Hierarchy (hands-on practice with other workshop participants)
- 3:15 – 3:30 p.m.
- 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
LSVT Methods, continued (hands-on practice with other workshop participants)
Teaching Techniques: Model, Shape, Drive, Stabilize, Calibrate
Quantification of Treatment Sessions
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Networking Reception and LSVT Companion System Demonstration
- 8:00 – 9:45 a.m.
Summary of Daily Exercises and Hierarchy
Calibration (hands-on practice with other workshop participants)
Hands on Participant Practice (Teaching Techniques)
- 9:45 – 10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Prognostic Variables and Selection Criteria
Assessment Measures for Parkinson disease
Application of the LSVT to other Neurological Disorders and Aging
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
POST-EXAM – 85% pass required for certification
- 12:45 – 1:00 p.m.
Preparation for Interactive Voice Exercise Session
- 12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
LUNCH (on your own)
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Hands on Interactive Voice Exercise session with Individuals with Parkinson Disease
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Critical Treatment Considerations and Concerns
LSVT Future Directions
LSVT Workshop Conclusion
This course is offered for 1.2 CEUs (Advanced level; Professional area)
Upon conclusion of this workshop, speech-language pathology participants will be able to:
- Outline the rationale for the treatment of voice in motor speech disorders
- Identify aspects of Parkinson disease and other neural conditions and the impact these have on voice and speech
- Explain the rationale for using LSVT LOUD for Parkinson disease and other pediatric or adult neurological disorders/conditions
- Describe the key paradigm shifts in LSVT LOUD rationale and methods
- Discuss key elements of LSVT LOUD that are consistent with theories of motor learning and principles of neural plasticity
- Identify characteristics of adults and children who would most likely benefit from LSVT LOUD
- Explain and demonstrate all aspects of LSVT LOUD including daily tasks, speech hierarchy, and calibration
- Define recommendations for patient long-term carryover of LSVT LOUD
- Explain the benefits of LSVT LOUD to physicians and other health-care professionals
- Discuss strategies for insurance coverage for LSVT LOUD
- Outline the process for documenting the efficacy of LSVT LOUD
Participant Cancellation Policy
In the event that a participant cancels registration or does not attend, tuition will be refunded minus the following cancellation fees:
$50.00 cancellation fee outside 4 weeks prior to workshop date
$100.00 cancellation fee within 4 weeks prior to workshop date
LSVT Global reserves the right to cancel any workshop due to inadequate attendance.
Participant Attendance Policy
Participation at the entire workshop is mandatory. Participants who arrive late or miss any portion of the workshop will not be eligible for certification or a refund of any costs incurred. Plan your travel arrangements accordingly.