Online Previously Certified LSVT LOUD Full Course + LSVT Companion System (1.2 CEUs)
The Online LSVT LOUD® Previously Certified Clinician Full Course is for LSVT LOUD clinicians who want to retake the entire 12 hour course. This may be suitable for clinicians who were trained many years ago and want a full refresher. Purchasing the LSVT LOUD Course PLUS the LSVT Companion System provides a 20% discount on both items!
To learn more about the LSVT Companion® System please click here.
For more detailed information on the course, click the Online LSVT LOUD Training and Certification Workshop Brochure (Learning objectives, Faculty Biographies, System Requirements, etc.)
“Registration is only open to those who hold degrees as a speech-language pathologist (SLP), speech-language therapist (SLT), speech therapist assistant, or students who are currently enrolled in a graduate or doctoral level SLP program (international students contact LSVT Global for eligibility). Please contact email@example.com if you have questions about enrollment in this workshop."Show/hide additional info about this course
The fundamentals underlying key treatment elements, efficacy data supporting treatment outcomes, details of treatment tasks, including hands-on practice, and practical considerations are taught. Application of the LSVT LOUD treatment to pediatric and adult motor speech disorders (e.g., multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and stroke) will be discussed. The impact of LSVT LOUD treatment on pre/post neural imaging data will be presented. This training is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs.
Important information regarding the ASHA registry: Your course completion will be reported to ASHA if you indicate at the time of registration that you would like us to report this and you supply us with your ASHA number. ASHA requires us to report online course completion according to a set schedule which occurs in 3 month intervals. Thus, depending upon when you complete the course, it can take up to 3 months for your course to be reported, then it takes ASHA additional time to register the information once they receive it.
Estimated Length: 12 hours
Time Limit: 90 days from date of purchase.
Upon conclusion of this workshop, speech-language pathology participants will be able to:
- Outline the rationale for the treatment of voice in motor speech disorders
- Identify aspects of Parkinson disease and other neural conditions and the impact these have on voice and speech
- Explain the rationale for using LSVT LOUD for Parkinson disease and other pediatric or adult neurological disorders/conditions
- Describe the key paradigm shifts in LSVT LOUD rationale and methods
- Discuss key elements of LSVT LOUD that are consistent with theories of motor learning and principles of neural plasticity
- Identify characteristics of adults and children who would most likely benefit from LSVT LOUD
- Explain and demonstrate all aspects of the LSVT LOUD including daily tasks, speech hierarchy, and calibration
- Define recommendations for patient long-term carryover of LSVT LOUD
- Explain the benefits of LSVT LOUD to physicians and other health-care professionals
- Discuss strategies for insurance coverage for LSVT LOUD
- Outline the process for documenting the efficacy of LSVT LOUD
Click here to view faculty biographies and disclosure statements for the online course instructors, Drs. Lorraine Ramig and Cynthia Fox.
ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS - Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
For alternative shipping options, please call us at 1-520-867-8838 on Monday - Friday between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (UTC- Arizona)